- Learn a strategy to remain positive through daily life and challenging situations.
Giveaway: Handout with suggestions to focus on and capture positive thoughts when they are away from school and face challenges.
- Signage and handouts (suggestions to focus on and capture positive thoughts when they are away from school and face challenges.)
- Tree without leaves (cut out, hand drawn, fake foliage, etc.)
- Leaves (cut out, printed, etc.)
- Writing utensils/ tape or glue fro applying the leaves
- Upbeat music & speakers (optional)
- Feedback survey, pencils, and collection box
- Display signage/ poster to highlight the goal of your demo.
- Provide leaves and writing utensils fro students to write on.
- Invite students to write one positive thought about themselves, a friend, family member, teacher, etc. on a leaf and attach it to the tree.
- Invite students to read the thoughts shared and mentally ask themselves: How do I feel after reading so many positive thoughts shared with me?
- Provide handout and ask participants to complete feedback survey.
- Introduction: Would you like to add a leaf to the tree showing something you appreciate in your life?
- We can't always control what happens in life, but we can control our attitude with which we handle things. Thinking positively will help us overcome life's challenges.
- 75% of job success is predicted by optimism levels, social support, and ability to see stress as a challenge instead of a threat.
Suggested Information for Café O Yea/ Board:
Key Terms (from lessons): Positivity: having a positive or optimistic attitude.
"Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe"
"When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine"
"Little by little, day by day, what is mean for you WILL find its way"
"A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great life"
- Achor, Shawn. "The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance". Retrieved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXykBVq1M
- Positivity Quotes. Retrieved: http://edlester.com/17-short-positiv...-brighten-day/