Skip to main content
9.4: Earth's Oceans- Challenge 1
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 1. Water changes temperature more ___ than land.
- 2. Oceans moderate Earth's temperature by ___.
- absorbing thermal energy near the equator and moving it near the poles
- 3. Water density increases when temperature ___.
- 4. Seawater is rich in ___.
- sodium chloride
- 5. The salts in seawater come from ___.
- the weathering of rock and soil
- 6. The oceanic zone richest in life is the ___ zone.
- 7. The aphotic zone makes up the ___ of the ocean.