Skip to main content
21.10: Earth's Materials- Challenge 2
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 1. Dispose of household hazardous waste safely by ___.
- following the rules listed on labels for each toxic material
- 2. Dry cleaners, automobile repair shops, hospitals, photo processing centers, and many other common facilities all generate ___.
- hazardous waste
- 3. The automotive industry generates a lot of toxic ___, including gasoline, motor oil, battery acid, and brake fluid.
- 4. The ___ oversees the cleanup of a Superfund site if the responsible party cannot.
- federal government
- 5. The ___ regulates hazardous wastes in the U.S.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- 6. Mining often produces ___ as a byproduct, which can change the composition of nearby lakes and streams.
- 7. According to U.S. law, a mine region ___.
- must be restored to its natural state
- 8. Reclamation of a mine may include ___.
- filling pits with sediment, reshaping the land, and planting native vegetation