Skip to main content
17.15: Evolution and Populations- Challenge 2
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 1. The time period marked by a significant increase in mass production and fossil fuel consumption is the ___.
- Industrial Revolution
- 2. ___ kill insects and other pests that eat or harm crops.
- 3. About 17% of the energy used in the U.S. is used for ___.
- 4. The abundance of luxuries in some people's lives and the resources required to produce them is referred to as ___.
- 5. ___ is experiencing an increase in abject poverty.
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- 6. On average, population is growing ___ in industrialized countries than in developing countries.
- more slowly
- 7. The number of individuals of a species that an environment can support is its ___.
- carrying capacity
- 8. Human population is growing most rapidly in ___.