Skip to main content
2.6: Nature of Engineering Vocabulary
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- A person who gives professional or expert advice.
- The development and application of devices and systems involving electricity.
- Global economy
- The international spread of trade and commerce across national boundaries with minimal restrictions from governments.
- The design, development, and construction of electronic systems from extremely small components.
- Mortality rate
- A measure of the number of deaths in a population during a given time period in general or due to a specific cause.
- The exclusive rights granted by a government to an inventor to manufacture, use, or sell an invention for a certain number of years.
- Rapid prototyping (RP)
- The automated construction of physical objects under computer control using specialized equipment.