Skip to main content
6.12: A Brief History of Engineering References
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Dava Sobel. Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time. Penguin, 1996.
- David Bjerklie. “The Art of Renaissance Engineering.” Downloaded July 2004. Available on the web at
- Eugene S. Ferguson. Engineering and the Mind’s Eye. The MIT Press, 1994.
- Gary Cross and Rick Szostak. Technology and American Society. Pearson-Prentice Hall, 2005.
- Joseph Gies and Frances Gies. Cathedral, Forge and Waterwheel: Technology and Invention in the Middle Ages. Harper Perennial, 1995.
- National Academy of Engineering. A Century of Innovation: Twenty Engineering Achievements that Transformed Our Lives. Joseph Henry Press, 2003.
- Richard Shelton Kirby, Sidney Withington, Arthur Burr Darling, and Frederick Gridley Kilgour. Engineering in History. McGraw-Hill, 1956.
- Sunny Y. Auyang. Engineering—An Endless Frontier. Harvard University Press, 2004.
- T. K. Derry and Trevor I. Williams. A Short History of Technology: From the Earliest Times to A.D. 1900. Oxford University Press, 1961.