|Watching a movie after reading the book is a great way to think critically about how each version presented roughly the same information.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Think about the setting of the book. Did the setting in the movie look like you had imagined it (Think... Harry Potter, Holes, Narnia, and Where the Wild Things Are)? If not, how was it different?
- Think about the main character. How was he/she different than you had imagined? How was he/she the same?
- Were there any changes in characters between the book and the movie? Why do you think the people who made the movie would leave out or add a character?
- What parts were in the book but were not in the movie? Why do you think the people who made the movie left those parts out?
- Were there any parts that were in the movie that were not in the book? Why do you think the people that made the movie added those parts?
- Do you think the people who made the movie did a good job of portraying the book? Why or why not?
- Which did you enjoy more, the book or the movie? Why?