Skip to main content
11.19: Weather- Challenge 3
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 1. A ___ measures air pressure.
- 2. A ___ measures temperature.
- 3. One reason that weather predictions are more accurate now than they were 20 years ago is that ___.
- meteorologists can now collect much more and far better data
- 4. ___ models are used to predict weather.
- 5. In the process of ___, a supercomputer takes atmospheric data and calculates what will happen to weather conditions horizontally and vertically.
- Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP)
- 6. Lines of equal temperature that connect places on weather maps are called ___.
- 7. Lines joining places of equal air pressure on a weather map are known as ___.
- 8. Isotachs can be used to locate ___.
- jet streams